Thursday, June 27, 2013

6.27.2013

{E A T // diy project}

My husband and I have lived in our house for almost two years now & I find myself STILL changing things around when it comes to decor.  Anyone else have that problem?!  Here's a little decor project I did for above our pantry door in our kitchen.  I love how it turned out AND it was SO easy to do!





First, I purchased the paper mache' letters from Michaels (obviously waited until they had a sale!).  Then, I chose two coordinating paint colors, one light blue and one a few shades darker.  I initially wanted a "worn out" look which didn't end up happening but I like how the colors give a subtle contrast.  You can do any color combo to match your kitchen, even if they are contrasting colors I think that would look great! 

I painted each letter the lighter color with a sponge paint brush.  Once they were dry, I took a bristle paint brush and a tiny bit of the darker blue and focused on the outer parts of each letter.  TIP: when I dipped the bristle paint brush into the darker color I had a paper towel next to me to brush on before I touched the letter to make sure I didn't get too much.

To hang the letters I used Command double side foam tape(not sure if that's the exact name but that's exactly what it looks like to me).

Supplies Used:
-paper mache letters E A T
-paint
-sponge paint brush
-bristle paint brush
-paper towel
-Command double sided tape

0 comments :