Tuesday, April 14, 2015

diy: gel nails

I love the look and shine of gel nails.  I also love that gel nails are way more durable.  But, I hate that they ruin my nails!  I've tried many products & tricks to get the gel nail look at home and I feel like I finally found the best, at least for now!

I used this gel polish for my base coat.  I used a regular OPI polish for color and did two coats to make it look opaque.  Then, I topped it with one coat of the gel polish.  I didn't use any other top coat.


The two photos below were taken five days after painting my nails.  No chips at all and the shine didn't ware off! 


I've done a second "test" and I'm looking at my nails as I'm typing and there is only one noticeable chip and I painted my nails, in the car, on Thursday and it's now Tuesday!

I bet you're wondering now if it's hard to get off?  Not at all.  It actually peels off easy and comes off with remover just as quick as traditional polish.  I'm sold!




0 comments :