Thursday, October 2, 2014

10.1.2014

{Norah turns ONE}

Hi friends! So it's been over a year since I last blogged and while I'm not completely sure what my plans are for this blog (you can read more in my about section) I do know that I have a huge fear of losing my photos.  You may think I'm crazy but I seriously think about it all. the. time.  Photos are really important to me because they capture moments and memories to have forever & I feel like they freeze time for just a bit!  Needless to say, I'm obsessed and love taking them and probably take way too many.  I save them to my computer as well as an external hard drive but I still am always worried I will lose them so I thought this space would be another place I could upload them to try and keep them safe... starting with Norah turning ONE! ONE? Yes, one!! I can't believe it either.

Friday the 26th was Norah's actual birthday so we celebrated just the three of us.  She had birthday pancakes, lunch at Chick Fil A and then a cupcake later in the day. The pancakes were the three ingredient pancakes I'm sure you have seen floating all over the internet.  They are made with bananas, eggs & we added one of Norah's favorites, blueberries.





We LOVE Chick Fil A!


Later that day we let Norah enjoy a strawberry cupcake and she LOVED it! I had plans to make her first cake, like the one you see all over pinterest...obviously that didnt happen! ;)  We lit the candle at first but then quickly had to blow it because she kept trying to grab at it which is why she is so upset! As soon as we started singing she started to smile.



Did you say cake?!


Saturday was the big celebration at our home with friends and family.  I tried not to worry too much about the weather but obviously I did a little but was thankful for clouds and temps in the 80's.  I think everyone had a great time and I have to be honest, afterwards, I felt like I had just had a wedding...exhausted!! I planned here and there for a couple of months and diy'ed most of the decor.  My favorite project was her monthly banner I made with her monthly stickers and photos. I had the used stickers laminated and cut out and then clothespinned them to jute along with the photos we had taken each month. Here are some snapshots from the party.









Opening presents...





"Happy Birthday to you..."






My whole heart.



You can see more photos on my Instragram, link for that is in the top right corner.  Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit! I plan on sharing the gifts we got Norah and some favorites very soon!

<3 Katie



0 comments :