Wednesday, September 30, 2015

easy breakfast recipe: kolaches

This recipe I'm sharing today is far from fancy and probably the most basic of them all but I love it.  It's so easy that you could probably figure it out by just me showing you a picture of the finished product but I'm still going to explain, lucky you! ;)  

These are semi-homemade sausage & cheese kolaches.  Yummy, easy & only four ingredients... yes, please!


[what you need]

-2 cans of biscuits (I use original, I don't think the flaky or layered type would work)
-1 package of mini sausages
-grated cheese
-jalapenos (this brand is my favorite because they are crunchy and have the perfect amount of heat)

**I made ten kolaches and lots of pigs in the blanket**



I have found that it's easiest to set all of your ingredients out before building the kolaches.


Lay a biscuit out on a plate and press it flat while spreading it out a bit.  Two sausages per biscuit is what I did but you can customize to your liking.


Next, add jalapeños & cheese.


When you close the kolache, be sure to pinch the top very well where it comes together so that when they bake it doesn't come apart.  I feel like I do this very well but I always have at least one that opens up.


I always bake these slower than the biscuit wrapper says.  Usually at 300/315 degrees until golden brown.  I always cut into one to make sure the center is cooked through.


That's it!  So easy and these are always a crowd pleaser.  

If you make this recipe & post it to instagram feel free to tag me so I can see it!  I hope you've had a wonderful Wednesday & thanks for reading.




0 comments :