Friday, November 7, 2014

11.7.14

{my favorite every day face}

I have to admit one of my guilty pleasures in life is watching fashion, beauty & lifestyle videos on YouTube.  I just love hearing what other people's favorite products are, the tips they use, or deals they find!  I'm not going to lie.. I've secretly wanted to start a channel but for now I'll just stick to blogging. :)


Today I thought I'd share my favorite products I use for an "every day face".  Now, if I'm only going to the gym or to get a couple things from Target then I usually just wear concealer but this "every day face" is if I'm going to the mall, to lunch, or anywhere I want to look more put together.  I've never timed myself but it takes me less than ten minutes, maybe closer to five from start to finish.  A one year old doesn't allow for any more time than that! 

I love Maybelline's FIT Me Concealer. It has a gel consistency so it doesn't crease on me and I love the coverage it gives. I use it under my eyes, around my nose, on my chin, and on any blemishes or discoloration I may have. It's also very comparable to my MAC prolongwear that I use for a more full coverage face.


Next, I use MAC Mineralize Skin Finish to set everything I just concealed and to provide a little more coverage. This powder gives a very subtle "healthy glow" finish to the skin. I never go without this! 


No matter what time of year it is I usually always bronze! This LORAC bronzer is perfect because it adds a tad bit of color and sheen but is very buildable for the summer months.  I never buy the full size of this product which is very bulky and $32.  I always buy the travel size because it lasts me a very long time and it's only $7. I know if I bought the full size I would break it or it would expire before I used it all.


The MAC blush in Melba gives a very natural flush that can be worn year round and would work with so many skin tones.  


I discovered Benefit Gimme Brow a few months ago and I will probably never use another brow product.  It gives the right amount of color and definition to my brows and sets them at the same time. I love this product because it does so much but my brows still look very natural!  



If I could only have two makeup products the rest of my life it would be concealer and mascara.  I love trying out new mascaras but Loreal Carbon Black is an all time favorite!  I always use two mascaras together for my top lashes. There is something about how the formulas combine and work together it gives my lashes way more oomph than when I just use one. Rimmel Lash Accelerator is another favorite I usually layer on top and I also love this one for my bottom lashes since the brush is on the slimmer side. 


The Smith's Rosebud Salve is so moisturizing, adds shine and a hint of color to my lips. I also love the ease of the tube application. 



I hope you enjoyed hearing my "every day face" favorites.  I'd love to know what some of your holy grail products are! Tell me in the comments below or find this post on my Instagram @mrskatieree and let me know there! 

Xo,
-Katie

0 comments :