Wednesday, March 18, 2015

dear norah,

I had a great day with you today!  We went to workout, played together, ate lunch together, you napped, I rested, we played outside together, we ate dinner together, you splish splashed in the bath and then we played a little bit more.  Then, I rocked you, sang songs to you and put you to bed.  


Bed time is the only time you let me hold you like a baby.  Tonight I held you extra tight thinking about how you will be eighteen months in a week and my heart sank yet was overcome with love and joy for you.  

I want to hold onto the little moments with everything I have.  Like when I rock you to sleep how you reach with the tips of your fingers to touch the tips of mine that are holding you up and you smile when you've done so.  How you immediately tuck your knees in as soon as I lay you down in your crib.  How you wake up instantly talking and smiling in the mornings.  I want to remember you in these moments, during this stage, at this age because I know and see how fast time is flying.

I love you more than you will ever know my sweet girl!

-Mommy

0 comments :