Tuesday, March 24, 2015

playroom inspiration

For a while now we thought we were going to be moving to a different house & town soon but this past month we realized that plan just isn't going to work out for us right now.  I've been wanting to redo our playroom upstairs to make it more welcoming, functional and less of a chaotic mess but I was holding off since we were hoping to move.  Since that is not happening right now, I've completed step one of the process to redo the entire room.

Step 1?  Convince my husband to get rid of all the furniture currently taking over the playroom which consists of his college furniture and a few things we got when we lived in California years ago.  DONE!

before photo

We did have this little corner for Norah but it's just not enough especially since we spend hours each day in this space.
Norah's corner


My next step was to search Pinterest (duh!), create an inspiration board and I also jotted down a quick list of everything I wanted or think I want in the room.


inspiration board

Things I want in a playroom:

-storage, storage, storage
-reading space
-lounging/sleep space for guests
-magnet/felt board
-teepee for relaxing/reading/playing
-small table
-colorful
-music space
-encourage play and learning


With all of that said, I want to hear from YOU!  What do you love/hate about your play space for your kids OR if you are thinking of creating one what would you want in it?  I would love to hear your thoughts below.  Also, you can follow me on Instagram to keep up with the progress of the room!



0 comments :