Monday, December 1, 2014

12.1.14

{White Chocolate Toffee}

For the first day of December I wanted to share a recipe that I tend to make around the holidays for several reasons.  It's very easy, SO good, has minimal ingredients (4 to be exact) & it's super cute packaged up to give to friends, neighbors or coworkers. 


[Ingredients:]
• Saltine Crackers (I use the whole grain ones, it's silly I know but I think they taste better)
• 1 cup of unsalted butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• one bag of white chocolate chips (I usually buy two just in case I need a little extra to cover the entire tray) 


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan (baking sheet with sides) with parchment paper and then lay out crackers side by side on the pan in a single layer. 


Next, combine sugar and butter in a small pot, melt and bring to a boil.  Boil mixture for three minutes stirring occasionally.  I always watch it to make sure the sides don't burn.


It should become this caramel color.  Pour mixture over crackers and spread carefully so that all crackers are covered. 


Put the pan in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes. It will bubble up like show in picture below.


Take pan out of the oven and pour chocolate chips over top and let it sit for about a minute and spread the chips as they are melting to cover the crackers.  Immediately add sprinkles or other toppings you are using.


Let it cool completely, about one to two hours and then break into pieces. 


I found the treat boxes at Target and used tool to tie it closed.  I hope y'all enjoy the recipe and thanks for reading!

Love,
Katie

0 comments :