Sunday, December 21, 2014

12.21.15

{Sunday Spotlight}

Today I'm sharing with you an Etsy shop called Sweetlace Shop owned by Laci in Iowa.  She offers a variety of colorful and high quality crocheted items including party hats, pacifier clips, headbands, etc.

 https://img1.etsystatic.com/059/0/19853595/icm_fullxfull.51526973_acstajvc8vcokgw00kkg.jpg

One of the first things I ordered for Norah from Etsy was a crocheted pacifier clip from this adorable shop.  Let me tell you the quality is amazing!  We ran ours through the washer and sometimes the dryer (oops) and this thing is till intact as you can see in the photo below.  Obviously the material looks a little worn from doing so but I think it is still in great shape.  I highly recommend her products!


You can find Sweetlace Shop on Etsy and Facebook.


Why did you begin your handmade shop?
As a stay at home mom of two, I really needed a creative outlet (my kids were 2 years old and 6 months old at the time). And extra income never hurts. :)

How long have you been in business?
It will be 3 years in February!

What are two random facts about yourself?
1.I got married at the age of 17
2.I have never watched The Wizard of Oz

What would you say is your peak and pit of owning your own business?
I would definitely say the peak would be being my own boss, having flexible hours, and deciding what I want to design and sell. The pit is trying to find the time to do everything (make orders, shipping, photography, and adding new items) since I am a one woman show.

If you could give one piece of advice to someone wanting to open a handmade shop what would it be?
Start slow and don't be discouraged if you don't make a sale quickly. It takes time to establish! Don't sell yourself short when it comes to pricing, your time and efforts are worth it.


I hope you enjoyed today's spotlighted shop & thanks for hanging out!

Love,
Katie

0 comments :