Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12.9.14

{Cinnamon & Coconut Scrub} 

The other day I posted that I was trying out a homemade body scrub and needless to say it turned out AMAZING!  (in my opinion of course)  It seriously smells like you are bathing in snicker-doodle cookies!  The sugar makes for a mild scrub that gets the job done and the coconut oil leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturized that I don't even need lotion after the shower.  I leave the jar of it in my shower and use it every other day.  Keep in mind since there is coconut oil in it it will harden in cool temps but as soon as you scoop some out with your hand it will melt into a lovely scrub due to your body temperature and shower steam.
 

Recipe:

1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon

In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.  Melt coconut oil and pour over sugar mixture.  Stir until everything is combined.  Pour into your favorite jar.  The jar pictured is from Target.


Enjoy!

Love,
Katie

0 comments :