Sunday, December 7, 2014

12.7.14


{Sunday Spotlight}

I wanted to start a series called Sunday Spotlight where each Sunday I share a handmade shop or small business with you.  I've always been an Etsy shopper but once I had a baby and joined Instagram I've found even more small businesses and I've shopped more handmade than ever before.  I have many favorites and love supporting these shops for many reasons plus most are hardworking mommas and they are just too good not to share!


This Sunday I wanted to share with you Little Big Dreamers LLC.  I found this shop on Instagram this past summer and Norah was one of their first brand reps which was so much fun!!  The owner, Keri, is an extremely hard worker all while being an awesome momma to two precious girls.  She has the most adorable head wraps, leggings & apparel.  I am blown away at how she has grown her business in such a short time and am so excited to share Little Big Dreamers with you.


Why did you open up your handmade shop?  I wanted to work from home, answer to no one and learn something new. I absolutely love creating items for mamas and littles and really wanted to challenge myself. Well I did. This has been quite the journey.

How long have you been in business?   I have been in business for 10 months

What are two random facts about yourself?   Hmmm I still watch Friends every.single.day. And not like re runs, i actually put the DVDs on while I work. I love to sing and dance. I secretly want to be in a flash dance mob (is that what they are called haha)

What would you say is your "peak and pit" of owning your own business?   I would say juggling it all is the toughest part. Being a work at home mom is tough. Something usually falls through the cracks and it's typically cleaning my house.  The best part is meeting all of the amazing, hard working, people I have met. I had no idea how much kindness was out there. I absolutely love collaborating and making new friends along the way.
 
If you could give one piece of advice to someone wanting to open a handmade shop what would it be?  Try not to compare or get caught up in the numbers and followers. Your items will speak for themselves if they are made with hard work and love.





You can shop Little Big Dreamers here and find them at the social media handles on Instagram: littlebigdreamers and Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest: littlebigdream1

Thank you for joining me for Sunday Spotlight!

Love,
Katie

0 comments :