Friday, January 30, 2015

1.30.2015

{Baby Favorites}

Happy Friday friends!  This is a list I've been wanting to share for a while now and I hate it has taken me this long but I finally put it together.  Whenever I get asked "what did you use the most?" "what were your favorite products?" or "what could you not live without?" these things are always on that list!  Each of these products are all things I used when Norah was born and still use them now at 16 months (except one).  I will also share some tips that were given to me and that I always pass on to new momma's that I feel were very helpful to me as a new mom.


I use this Honest Co. dish soap to soak bottles, pacifiers, and now sippy cups.  I fill a big bowl with hot water and a little of this soap and let them soak.  When I was sanitizing bottles I would soak first like mentioned and then sterilize using a microwave bag.  It is more pricey than your traditional store brand dish soap but I don't mind spending a little more for a non toxic brand especially for what I use it for.  Also, a bottle lasts me around three months!  My favorite scent is White Grapefruit but I also like the Lemon Verbena.



Before Norah was born we watched The Happiest Baby On The Block and learned about how helpful noise is for babies.  We have two of these myBaby HoMedics SoundSpa noise makers and have used them since day one.  I would keep one in my diaper bag and one where Norah slept.  Our most used noise is the ocean sound.



We recently bought this sound machine to keep in Norah's room now that she sleeps in her crib and it works great.  We are saving big bucks on batteries now!  I will use the others now for on the go and traveling.



These Aden + Anais blankets were perfect for swaddling in the beginning and they are still the perfect size for Norah now.  I love how soft and lightweight they are & they have so many cute prints to choose from!



I cannot say enough good things about Indestructibles!  These books are drool proof and tear proof and you can wash them with soap and water which makes this germaphobe Momma very happy.  These we have had for a year and you can see the wear in the photo but not one page is torn and Norah still loves to play with these.  They are also very lightweight to throw in your diaper bag!  I linked to Amazon but recently saw them at my local Target.



This Aden + Anais body wash and lotion smells SO good!  Just like the soap, it's pricier than your traditional baby wash but I use a $5 off coupon for each at BuyBuyBaby.  These products are also free of: parabens, petroleum, phthalates, gluten & soy.  I'm not an "all organic toxin fearing Momma" but when it's something I'm putting on my child's body (or something she eats often) and is going to last a while I don't mind spending a little more.  The bottles seem to last us six months.  If you try this you will want to use the for yourself, they're that good! 



Lastly, one of our favorites is our Highlight subscription.  This is the only thing we didn't have from the beginning but Norah's grandparents got her a subscription for her first birthday.  We get a book every month and they have subscriptions for different ages.  Norah's are thick, laminated pages so she can't tear them.  She is a book lover but I feel that other children would love these too!



Tips:

+ bring the peri bottle home with you from the hospital and use it for washing your babies hair

+ if you are pumping breastmilk, put your pump parts in a container in the fridge instead of sterilizing after each use, sterilize once a day

+ use your elbow to check the water temp when giving a bath

+ we loved the dvd Happiest Baby On The Block and the book Twelve Hours of Sleep By Twelve Weeks


If you have any favorite products or tips I would love for you to share them below!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones.

Love,
Katie

0 comments :