Monday, January 5, 2015

1.5.2013

{Whole 30: Trader Joe's Grocery Haul}

We don't have the luxury of living near a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods or Central Market so I will sometimes (especially when we do whole30) make a trip out once in a while to Trader Joe's which is about 30 miles from our house.  I went today to pick up some things since we are on day 4 of whole 30 and I wanted to share with you what I bought.  Some are new and some I have tried.  If you decide to use my list, it might help to take a screen shot of the photos below so that when you are in the store looking it will help your search go quicker.


1. Albacore Tuna in water:  ill be sharing a recipe I make with this soon
2. TJ's Everyday Seasoning: we use this on almost everything
3. TJ's 21 seasoning salute: new to us
4. Tj's Kosher Dill Pickles:  new to us
5. Coconut Oil Spray: love this for cooking!
6. Hatch Valley Salsa: new to us
7, Tomatillo Salsa: new to us
8. Salsa Verde:  love this and can be used on top of salads or eaten with plantain chips
9. apple sauce: new but I bought to go on the side of breakfast
10. Olives: new to us, bought to add to lunches & dinners
11. Romaine
12. Chili Lime Chicken Burgers: new to us, bought to put on salads
13. Plantain Chips: amazing!
14. Freeze Dried Banana Slices: oh soo good!
15. Raisins: to put on top of salads

I mentioned plantain chips and salsa and I wanted to mention while on whole30 snacking isn't recommended so with things like this I try and eat with my meal instead of grazing throughout the day.  This goes for the freeze dried fruit too, I'm actually still figuring out if they are whole 30 compliant.  

As always,  let me know if you have any questions.  I have a couple of recipes I will be sharing soon so be on the lookout for those!

Love,
Katie

0 comments :